[SLUG] BBS Documentary

David Webster dave at dave-webster.com
Sun Jul 3 21:46:22 BST 2005

May be tempting to set up a BBS for SLUG, just for the sake of it.  I've
used telnet BBSes now and again and I agree with the BBS Documentary
that it does aid in the sense of community.   In a way that I suppose it
is similar to that of a mailing list.

<with-teddy-bear>After watching the documentary I got the BBS bug and am
currently working on a Java-based BBS with things like a database-based
message board and RSS aggregation with the option of a web-based front
end.  If anyone else is interested, this may be a good SLUG open source
project.</with-teddy-bear>

As for the teddy-bear token bit, ask John :)

Dave