[SLUG] BBS Documentary

David Webster dave at dave-webster.com
Sun Jul 3 22:17:10 BST 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

>>Each of the individual episodes are about 40 minutes long, if that
>>helps with planing.
>>

>Have you watched them, or is there any information that would help us
>make a choice between them, or will we just have to toss a coin to
>decide which to watch? I'm thinking we could watch two maybe. Do they
>follow on from one another or are they self contained?

If I remember correctly the running order is:

Disk1:
BBS introduction
BBS commercialization

Disk2:
ANSI art scene
FidoNet

Disk3:
Hacking and cracking scene
End of the BBS era and the adoption of the Internet
ARC and PKZIP story -- perhaps food for thought in relation to the
software patents issue!

Dave