[SLUG] Yesterday's meeting

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 07:44:09 BST 2005

Hi everyone

Thanks to those who came to yesterday's meeting.

We discussed arrangements for Software Freedom Day (10th September),
and agreed to do something, probably a stall in the town centre. If
anyone has a decent table and possibly awnings (in case it rains) we'd
like to borrow them. Mike Drawneek is organising this.

We also discussed developments in X windows, aided by a demonstration
of luminocity by Steve (including wobbly windows, no less), and the
Mac interface by Dave, thanks very much to both.

There wasn't a huge lot to discuss about the learning scheme, we just
need to give the study a go and see where we end up. Any questions,
post them here. However I've been trying to work out what to do about
discussing the learning during the meetings. I originally thought us
studiers would break off into a huddle at some point, but I think
everyone would miss out that way. I've tended to leave it until later
in the meeting, but because it's midweek people start to leave at
about 9, 9:30. So what I think I'll do is rather than wait around till
8 before getting started (to give everyone a chance to turn up and let
the social part work), I think I'll suggest starting the meeting at
7:45 with the LPI learning stuff. Perhaps people who aren't involved
with that then have the option of turning up a little later if that's
what they want.

I assume no-one wants us to start having a formal meeting agenda.

Let me know any thoughts, however I'll be offline for a few days shortly.