[SLUG] LPI: isapnp

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 09:19:52 BST 2005

Hi ppl

I may be a tad ahead of myself, but I'm finding lots of differences
between the commands we're supposed to be learning and what's on my
RH9 system.

For instance, isapnp seems to be been replaced by a 'newer serial
driver included with the Linux kernel' at RH7.1.

Well, RH7.1 is quite old, but then, this as Mike Drawneek pointed out,
is an administrator's course and I suppose old Linux boxes are going
to be sitting around an organisation running things like mail servers
and so on, so we need to know about them.

I may try to install a RH7 or similar on a second PC .. anyone know
offhand where I can get that?

1.101.5 was last modified by Mark Miller on the 17 March 2003, so I'm
guessing that we run the risk of some or all of the syllabus being
updated during the year.

Any other thoughts?