[SLUG] Selling books on the Free as in Freedom stall

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 16:30:05 BST 2005

Hi y'all

I'm considering the possibility of suggesting that I buy a few books,
Free as in Freedom perhaps, The Hacker Ethic maybe, that we can sell
on the Freedom day stall.

I'm not sure whether a) I might be able to get them in 'bulk' from the
publisher so we can make a markup or at least cover the postage cost,
and b) whether the point, anyway, should be to reach zero profit so we
don't end up with a financial side of the group by accident. But then,
aren't books covered by some sort of 'only sell at cover price' deal?
If so, it's regularly broken.

Problems aside, do we think it might be good to sell a few key books
on the stand, and if so, does anyone have any other recommendations? I
was thinking of top level 'issues' books rather than Linux guides.