[SLUG] LPI: isapnp

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 17:09:19 BST 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

>I may be a tad ahead of myself, but I'm finding lots of differences
>between the commands we're supposed to be learning and what's on my
>RH9 system.
>
>For instance, isapnp seems to be been replaced by a 'newer serial
>driver included with the Linux kernel' at RH7.1.

Just as confirmation of your findings, John, yes, I am experiencing the
same, and it makes it difficult to test what I am trying to learn.
If isapnp was replaced at RH7.1, won't installing 7.1 on a spare PC also
give rise to the same frustration?  I ask because I think I've got a 7.1
stashed away in a remote drawer somewhere.  I'm in Whitby at the moment,
and shan't be able to check until back in London at the end of the month.

>I may try to install a RH7 or similar on a second PC .. anyone know
>offhand where I can get that?
>

>Any other thoughts?

I have notes to share if anyone wants them.  They're in .odt format
(OpenOffice 2.0 beta, although they'll probably convert ok to .swx
before sending) and mainly consist of tables, so would have to be
attachments - would need e-mail address other than the slug one.

Martin