[SLUG] I admit I'm cheating, LPI thoughts

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 10:03:55 BST 2005

> Famous last words, but I think I'd use any means available.  Also, how
> can we deal with questions and help requests?  Say I'm wondering
> whether
> the BIOS section just consists of knowing about LBA, disabling devices
> and setting the time, or whether we have to know all the device I/O
> and
> IRQ settings by heart, do I just post the question here?
> Martin

I think yes, post the questions here unless anyone has any problems
with that. In here we can gather knowledge from everyone regardless of
whether they are doing the LPI thing, and we'll be disseminating what
we discover not only to SLUG but to all and sundry over the Internet.
All benefits I reckon.

I read with some dismay the following from the exam cram book:

Exam tip: know the port device names, interrupts and I/O addresses.
Know how to modify serial port configurations and how to set an IP and
other IP information manually for an NIC. Also know which files and
procedures are used for a PPP connection.

I think that means know device names, interrupts and I/O addresses by
heart.