[SLUG] Software patents

Farrell Burnett farrell at mount-liberty.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 11:35:37 GMT 2005

Dear members,

Many thanks for what was for me a stimulating evening.  I very much
gained from listening to you about software patents, open source
software and other matters.

As I promised, here is the link to the wikipedia article in which the
author lists the 'landmark decisions' regarding the patentability (or
not) of software applications from the European Patent Office:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_patents_under_the_European_Patent_Conventi
on.

They are difficult to read and understand, but I'd much appreciate (in
my lurking capacity) hearing of any comments you might have.

And, Ian, you promised to send me your MA Hull dissertation.

All the best,

Farrell

--
Dr Farrell Burnett
30 Sussex Street, Scarborough, North Yorkshire  YO11 1BJ
farrell at mount-liberty.demon.co.uk