[SLUG] ls files amended in the last five minutes

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 10:10:30 GMT 2005

Hi ppl

I'm still on the trail of the mysql error file.

Tbh, I'm not even sure where mysql is, so here's my plan. I've run
mysql, mysqld runs from /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld but that's the back
end, I think mysql is the front end. Where that is, nobody knows, and
which one does the logging is a mystery too. I think if I do whereis
mysql I get /usr/bin/mysql, usr/lib/mysql, and usr/share/mysql so take
your pick.

Anyway, I've run mysql and I've interacted with it and caused a few
errors and come out again. Now I want to see if those errors were
logged anywhere. I don't think there's a .log or a .err file
containing that info, so now I want to cause the error, and then
straight away look for any files altered in the last, minute, say.

How do I do that? ls doesn't seem to have a date filter. I'll look
through my books but I'm not sure I'll find the answer so I thought
I'd hassle you all :-)

Cheers