[SLUG] ls files amended in the last five minutes

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 11:14:48 GMT 2005

> Ahem, actually find / -mmin -5 is for files with contents changed five
> minutes or fewer ago. Maybe

So. That command >myfile.txt gave me 2655 files, teh contents of which
were supposedly changed in the last five minutes.

Do we believe that?

I mean, granted there are shedloads of OS type stuff such as:
/proc/2301/cmdline
/proc/2301/stat
/proc/2301/statm
/proc/2301/maps
/proc/2301/mem
/proc/2301/cwd
/proc/2301/root
/proc/2301/exe

for presumably process 2301, which possibly haven't actually been
written to disc yet (otherwise 2655 files every five minutes, my hd
would melt surely), but files I know for sure shouldn't have been
altered for a while, eg. /foo/bar/graniteukltd-Sep-2003.com, a copy of
a web server log are listed.

Is my command wrong?

And anyway. There's no mysql error log listed, so I'm escalating to a
mysql list to see what gives.