[SLUG] Poster, for final approval and Mike D

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed May 11 11:15:51 BST 2005

Hi ppl

Here's the poster text. I've only just written it so this might need a
bit of polish, but again I think there's quite enough text on it
already so what you add you also have to remove.

You can download the Open Office document from
<http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk/slug/> if you'd like to see the layout.

Anyway, the text:
What Is Linux?
A real alternative to Microsoft Windows
Linux is robust, reliable, effective, usable, ethical, secure and less
expensive
Linux is immediately useful, it's usually packaged with most software
you'll need. No need to buy Microsoft Office.
Linux is one part of the huge and growing  Open Source community where
ideas are shared for everyones benefit, not for profit
It's free software, free as in freedom
Leading edge, set up grid computing or virtual machines
Linux is everywhere, most websites run on a Linux machine, IBM sells
Linux
Free yourself. Join the Scarborough Linux User Group
(http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk/)

Created by John Allsopp and the Scarborough Linux User Group
(http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk/), 10 May 2005.

Mike, if you're OK with this, go ahead, download and print it for me.
It's A3 as it stands. I haven't got A3 output.

If someone could give me Mikes contact details (offlist, since I
discovered it's public (hello mum)) I'd appreciate it, since he
doesn't seem to be responding on the list.

Cheers