[SLUG] Please advise me on my next distribution...

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 15 14:10:07 BST 2005

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>Steve, I think you answered your own question earlier, I think you
>should stick to Fedora. It worked and you were happy with it and there
>was plenty of help when you needed it.
Cheers for all the info Chris! I think that Ubuntu had a problem
starting X perhaps - it crashed when trying to start X and actually
rebooted itself. It came up fine in failsafe mode, but the network
config crashed.

However, it was the warthog not hedgehog release which may explain it :)

Given your experiences I'll prob revert back to FC (4 due out in 2
weeks) and save Ubuntu for summer.

Hope your daughter's ecstatic with her setup lol.

Steve