[SLUG] Damn!!

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu May 19 17:08:48 BST 2005

> Always somthing interesting in slug when i have
> stopped going slug clashes with college evenings.

Aha, that reason no longer works, since we have meetings on Mondays,
Tuesdays and Wednesday nowadays.

> But the real reason that nothing ever happens at slug

It's quite difficult to know what to do. I plan to check out what
other LUGs get up to, but suspect it's going to be more or less what
we do .. occasional talks, beer and chat and social, and installfests.

> that course Learning Linux, and going for the LPI
> qualification looks really interesting.
> Only thing is i am doing CCNA course so i want to
> stick to this till its finished april 2006 i might
> take up on that.

Aye, you can start the second wave

> i have been asked to do piece work Ms database ..
> but they want a quote  a cost for the day.
> So whats the going rate? how much should i charge?
> its a small company.

If you know what you're doing and are effective, £30/hr is the going
rate for database work as a contractor.