[SLUG] Library summary v2.0

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 00:17:48 GMT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of
john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sent: 27 October 2005 10:17
To: Scarborough Linux User Group
Subject: RE: [SLUG] Library summary v2.0

<snip>

of the larger group and declare themselves available to contribute,
but if they do, fantastic. We'll see.

> Either way this is very insensitive and disrespectful towards those
> who are capable but are lacking in motivation/opportunity/time.

Nah. Ian, if you know me at all, you'll know I spend most of my life
putting myself down. I have total respect for other people and their
abilities. I'm just trying to, without fannying about, make decisions
so we can proceed with the library thing.

Taking the initiative and driving things forward is good, in the OSS
world its commonly known as benign dictatorship

Anyway, I think I deserve some thanks for doing that summarising work
.. it takes time and the task seems to require it. Maybe not (we all
do our bit) but I don't deserve to be shot at.

Under no circumstances am I taking a "shot" at you, its merely a case of
being careful not to trample on those who have trod before you and laid
the foundations from which you now work.

If you feel slighted because you think you have good graphic design
skills, the task is yours gladly.

If you want a hand let me know, I don't have any graphic qualifications
but am currently doing the graphics for this outfit

http://www.northyorks.gov.uk

And have access and experience to most graphics/DTP packages available,
the choice is yours but this is a group so you're never alone. Maybe a
brainstorming session in a pub would finalise the paperwork, not a
proper monthly meeting just a quick and dirty editorial 1/2 hour?

Ian