[SLUG] Re: How's this trifold format? Bob?

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 11:17:25 GMT 2005

Hi John

On Monday 14 November 2005 12:15,you wrote

> Bob, have you got 2.0? Does this work for you? Are you able to put
> your education handout into this format?
Yes yes and yes, but not very well.  It won't start at frame 1 when I insert a
text or odt file (it takes both), it puts it at pages 3 and 4.  Which I can
do printouts from.  Unfortunately printing in Linux removes column 1 of
frame 1, whereas printing from Windows removes the last 2 columns from frame
3.  I think the problem is about linking frames, because your template seems
to have frames on top of frames for the first 2 pages.

I tried this, slightly different from the method Martin outlined.

Format > Page select A4 and landscape

Use cursor to create 2-3 pages.

Insert>Frame>columns, click on 3, set spacing to 0.2. Go to text and drag out
the frame to the size required.  Do this for 2 pages.

I tried linking frames by setting the previous link field on frame 2 to frame
1.  I pressed insert text and OOo2 put the text on pages 1 and 3.  I saved
this and went for some creative lassitude.  When I came back to try printing,
the text had moved to pages 2 and 3.  But it printed fine,(with a box around
the text), and the folds matched back and front.

I will have another go later.  How about setting the spacing to 0.3"
everywhere?  It looks as if it will be ok, though I might have to read the
manual.

Bob