[SLUG] Laptop repairs

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 11:31:50 GMT 2005

Chris More wrote:
> Anyone know a good local laptop repairer.
We've used Care Micro on Columbus Ravine (http://www.caremicro.co.uk/).
My girlfriend had a dodgy power socket at one point on her laptop - they
have a standard diagnosis fee of c. £50 (if my memory's correct, it may
have been less!) then parts/labour for the repair on top.

They actually diagnosed an impending power socket problem whilst fixing
her screen and lo' it went wrong about 12 months later as they'd
predicted. We were impressed by that as they'd obviously had a thorough
look at the machine and not just the problem area. When we took it back
12 months later they didn't add on the diagnosis fee as they'd
previously diagnosed it (though I did have to be cheeky and ask for that).

In summary we found them to be fast, efficient, thorough and honest.
Although we would have liked to have paid less, they were up-front about
the prices and they didn't escalate.

HTH.

Steve O