[SLUG] Poster idea, input requested

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 11:41:51 GMT 2005

> john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>> I think that's just your family.
> And someone else's family I know...
>> I've definitely seem Internet usage
>> stats that show only a small peak around the late teens early
>> twenties, otherwise all ages use the Internet equally.
> usage != (competence || understanding).

Aye, OK, but I still feel uncomfortable. We can only see the world
through our own eyes, so you're looking at it through the eyes of a
whatever year old, and I'm looking at it through the eyes of a 43 year
old, and I can say that from here I can only see my capability,
experience, knowledge becoming stronger and better. So when, exactly,
does that age cutoff thing happen?

Maybe I'm arguing the wrong thing. Maybe when we're older, we'll be
tinkering with operating systems while the world's sitting around
having their cheese toasties constructed by nanobots. We probably
won't have a clue: "where's the on button?" "Nanobots don't have an
on-button dad, they make the toastie that's in your mind". Maybe it's
not age, it's what you grew up with, and what you worked at.

Anyway, you have two families backing up your case, my mum is a happy
computer user. And now I've forgotten what we're arguing about. You
know what I said about stronger and better? Maybe the cutoff point was
a few minutes ago.