[SLUG] Laptop repairs

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 13:31:09 GMT 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
> But I could still use it for all sorts of things .. website testing,
> packet sniffing, even writing stuff on the train.
Oh well, according to a magazine article I was reading yesterday you can
send it off to be recycled... they'll send it to a 'developing' country;
they will find it to be useless and chuck it in a landfill - polluting
their env and not ours, job done. Unless they happen to grow crops on
the landfill in a few years time and sell the produce to Tesco of course.

Interesting that you posted on similar lines earlier - why is this
coming up particularly?

Steve O