[SLUG] Laptop repairs

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 23:10:30 GMT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of
john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sent: 16 November 2005 12:58
To: Scarborough Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Laptop repairs

> john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>> They just replied, it's too old to repair (well, they won't be able
>> get spares).
> Just out of interest - how old is 'old'?

Historic. If it ran, it would run W3.11 with a mono display.

But I could still use it for all sorts of things .. website testing,
packet sniffing, even writing stuff on the train.

" writing stuff on the train " AKA graffiti is a criminal offence and
should not be encouraged.

Even if you are sniffing packets (that may also be illegal) and are of a
monochromatic persuasion that is no excuse.

Ian