[SLUG] Poster3, input requested

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Nov 19 08:38:45 GMT 2005

Hi

I think the small print should be bigger.  Remember that a lot of the people
who come into the library are really old, even older than me, and they don't
see so well.  A point about rhetoric.  Threes sound better.  Ever come across
the bit about "government by the people, of the people, for the people", or
the line about "blood, sweat and tears".  It works.  This a try at putting
the same content in that form:

"Choose software that works without crashing.  Choose software that makes the
most of your computer.  Choose software that helps you understand."
Or more succinctly:

"Choose software that doesn't crash, that enlightens you, that doesn't cost
the earth."

I like the button, but as an alternative suggestion, could not the word Linux
be transparent, bigger and part of the background?  I don't know how to do
this, but other people probably do.

I liked the first picture better.

Bob