[SLUG] We don't seem to be listed here, Jamie?

Jamie Adams whostolemypen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:10:05 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:02:10 -0000, Stephen O'Neill
<soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Jamie Adams wrote:
>> Steve will be able to check this on the server.
> Goodie.
>> Did I explain how the email address system works Steve?
> No.
>> I can't remember if there was a 'howto' on the server.
> Nope, well.. not that I can see. But please do tell!
>
> Steve O

You can set up any number of email addresses for people in the group in
the format of "name at scarborough.lug.org.uk". There should be a file in the
root directory as an example. I can't remember what it's called off hand
but you should be able to see it. It might be called *-webmaster or
*-default. Just stick the email address you want mail to this address to
be redirected to in the file and that's it. I seem to remember that
permissions were pretty important so you'll just have to copy the perms
 from the default file.

Oh, hangon.. just found this http://www.lug.org.uk/lugmasters/newlugs.php
- it's all in here :)

Cya,

Jamie
* - I can't remember what this bit said - might have been procmail.