[SLUG] head set for use with Skype

Jamie Adams whostolemypen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 20:21:46 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:05:36 -0000, <john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Does anyone have a recommendation for a head set to use with Skype
>> please?
>>
>> Not exactly the wealthiest so between £15 - £30.  Is that price range
>> going to give me reasonable quality?  They seem to vary from £5 to
>> skys
>> the limit!

Hi Al, I wouldn't go mad. In my experience you'll get above standard phone
quality with the cheapest of headsets. I paid about £15 for mine. It's
unbranded and it's got a nice microphone that does a good job of
cancelling out background noise. I got mine from QuayTech in Hull. They
have a branch in Scarborough as well. Otherwise I seem to remember some
pretty nice looking Packard Bell (ugh) ones in Dixons for about the same
price.

Also, Logitech make pretty good audio stuff for pc's. You won't go far
wrong with them.