[SLUG] OpenCDs

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 20:01:54 GMT 2005

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 10:40:52AM GMT, Rob Hall wrote:
> Bear in mind that some laptops can't use CDs with labels on. I had yet
> another one this week in the workshop where the label had been shredded
> and gunked up the innards of the CD-ROM drive. Some laptops actually
> come with a warning in the manual to this effect.

I wish someone had told me this before I'd spent loads of money on CDs
and labels.

Well, at least I know someone's reading this.  I was beginning to
wonder.

I have 40 CD labels which I will print and put on CDs.  If someone else
has a printer capable of printing directly to a CD then they need to
shout out quick.  Unless of course people are happy with a dyslexic
scrawl across each CD.  For me that looks really crap and is to be
avoided.

John, Bob, who ever.  Where do you want these CDs delivered too, or
should I make arrangements so that I can get to Scarbrorough library
sometime Tuesday.

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>
Linux User: #290080         <http://counter.li.org>