[SLUG] LUG Box

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 16:04:43 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I've just been on the LUG mailing list about performance issues on the box.

The issues are already known and they are presently building a new
server. However, they're short of RAM and a couple of other bits so they
have a bit of work to do yet - not least testing the new server prior to
migrations.

They're hoping to have it ready sometime in the New Year, but obviously
they're offering their time freely plus I have no idea where they're
funding the new box from.

So if you find that mailman is slow (we're aware of occasional several
hour delays on messages); ssh is unresponsive or even the website grinds
to a halt then this is why.

Steve O