[SLUG] ldd

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 15:04:59 BST 2005

Hi ppl

I'm trying to install Inkscape on my RH9, from source, based on my
newfound LPI knowledge.

I tried to install it anyway, and it broke saying I needed the Boehm
Conservative Collector. Now I'm just wondering whether if I manage to
get that sorted it'll come up with another thing it wants, then
another, etc.

So I thought I'd run ldd to determine the required libraries.

My notes say, for example, ldd /bin/ls returns a list of required
libraries.

Well, I've downloaded and unpacked the Inkscape archive and I've got
52 files and directories out of it. Which file do I run ldd against?