[SLUG] Yell

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 11:14:00 BST 2005

> Stephen O'Neill wrote:
>
>> Jamie Adams wrote:
>>
>>> I believe that she has requested that it be removed from the new
>>> yellow pages.
>>

>> Is it a free insert?
>>
>> Steve
>>
> Yeah, but be warned that it opens you up to a whole load of commercial
> callers.

Out of interest, local search is a hot topic, by which I mean using
search engines but being able to limit the results by locality. I'm
led to believe that Google Local <http://www.google.co.uk/lochp?hl=en>
gets its UK location information from Yell. So, in order to be listed
on Google Local, you have to have an entry in Yell.

I'm talking generally, I haven't thought about the SLUG Yell listing.