[SLUG] File extensions

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 19:32:31 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Stephen
O'Neill
Sent: 14 October 2005 11:09
To: Scarborough Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [SLUG] File extensions

Al Girling wrote:
> Noooooooooooo!   Don't go there.  That question makes the opening of
> Pandora's box a trivial event by comparison.
LOL. It sounds like a good thing that nobody else particularly wants the

website job at the moment, so I can just please myself!

Steve

I forgot to put this in my last email and it will save you from doing
page redirects and having 2 sets of files, namely .shtml and .php

Put a .htaccess file in the root directory instructing the server to
process .shtml files as PHP, something like this should do it (providing
the webserver allows it)

addtype application/x-httpd-php .shtml

Options +Includes +ExecCGI
XBitHack on