[SLUG] scsi_info

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 09:11:15 BST 2005

Hi ppl

I'm having trouble with scsi_info.

I can do cat /proc/scsi/scsi and I get:

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: YAMAHA   Model: CRW6416S         Rev: 1.0b
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
  Vendor: UMAX     Model: Astra 2200       Rev: V2.1
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I think it's true to say that CD is actually IDE, but scsi_info should
show some information about the scanner (maybe)?

I have to run it as /sbin/scsi_info but then it wants a device. A
device? OK, well if it were a scsi disc it would be, say, /dev/sda1.
But what's the device name for my scanner?

dmesg | grep -i scsi is supposed to tell me something, but all I've
ever had from dmesg is a whole string of "Device not ready. Make sure
there is a disc in the drive".

Whaddyaknow folks?