[SLUG] Monthlies

Jamie Adams whostolemypen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 10:40:14 BST 2005

> Since my Java J2SE version is 1.4~~~ the first thing for me to do is
> to update that to 1.5~~~~.
>
> Here are the instructions, which I followed:
> <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/install-linux.html#install-rpm>
>
> java -version still says I'm running 1.4~~~~~. What am I missing?

Can't help you there. Sorry!

> While I'm at it .. will I like Bit Torrent? How many of you use it,
> and what do you use it for? With a 1Gb ADSL, what's the point? How big
> does a file have to get before you want to get it over Bit Torrent?

I love bittorrent. To be honest, it's pretty much all I use the
internet for now. If you have a 1GB limit on your ADSL, it's probably
not much use. Most files on torrents weigh in at 500meg+ otherwise
it's hardly worth it.

I use it to download all sorts of things that I probably shouldn't. I
find it handy  to be able to download television programmes that I
missed, and  it's useful having access to american series that havn't
been aired over here yet - Lost season 2 for example.