[SLUG] Last night's meeting and Software Freedom Day

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 16:00:09 BST 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

>>So, let's discuss it at the next meeting - Monday 3rd October!
>>
>>And there's a film on!

Film is probably not quite the right word.  It is a sequence of clips of
people involved in the early days of bulletin boards, talking about
their experiences - very interesting because they were mostly ordinary
people with an enthusiast's involvement, inventing the internet and its
early protocols as they went along.

>We are still missing a screen on which to project .. can anyone bring
>one along, or if you can't make the day, loan us it?

Or a piece of wall, 4ft square at least (I don't mean to bring along, I
mean is there a suitable bit of light coloured wall at the venue?)
Martin