[SLUG] DigitalScarborough 2005

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 12:47:00 BST 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

>Did anyone understand what's going on with this email?
>
>It seems to be from "Davidchapman" <davidchapman at cphproperty.co.uk>
>but had no content and upon 'reply' comes back to the slug mailing
>list.
>
>Does anyone think CPH wanted to talk to us, or was it just spam?

I took it to be one of those e-mails where a virus (found in some
windows mailbox at the other end of the galaxy and not properly
protected by antivirus software) steals an identity and sprays out
e-mails as though from a bona fide user.  I've had e-mails sent to
people as though from me, with my address on them, but which did not
originate in my (ahem, well protected) box.  Wojafink?
Martin