[SLUG] Al's worries

Des Wood g3hko at talktalk.net
Mon Sep 26 15:31:39 BST 2005

My thought on reading thie:-

In the event of having an information board at the library, someone
contacts the group asking to have a distro installed either as dual boot
or as a single install.  Who within the group has sufficient
confidence/knowledge to go to someones house and do this?  Or do we
suggest that an interested person take a set of discs and attempt to
install it themselves?  I see the second option as a recipe for failure
and another anti-linux MS devote.

May I, as a rank beginner,offer this:-

The newby needs a rough idea of how he will benefit from dropping W......
and
although my trial of Puppy Linux did not raise any enthusiasm it has shown
me the
possiblilities.   It is surely a good intro and the almost daily backup is
instructive.

If run from a live disc no harm is done on wishing to get more ambitious or
return to
W......

To put it another way perhaps giving the bloke a set of disks for some full
blown Linux
is a bit overkill.  Unless of course he is brighter than me.

Best wishes

Des
on wishing to