[SLUG] I could give a Stallman talk

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 18:13:57 BST 2005

Hi ppl

I've been reading "Free as in Freedom", I don't know whether it's
quite a biography of Richard Stallman, but it does tell his story.

I was talking to a Sluggy and mentioned his name and received "who?"
Stallman's the Daddy, possibly more so than Torvalds. The GPL is his.
Emacs was him. Gnu is his. His story brings in many of the free
software movements greats .. Eric Raymond, Bruce Perens, Ian Murdock
.. and it explains free software and where the term open source came
from.

I could do a half hour book summary presentation if anyone would be
interested in that. We could pencil it in for the November meeting and
see whether I get my stuff together for it.

Anyone up for that or not?