[SLUG] Multiple Linuxes

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 11:23:39 BST 2005

> john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>
>>What do you think my chances of getting Windows XP to boot with Red
>>Hat 7 and the latest from Debian, Fedora, with Agnula too?
>>
> Chances are very good... though I have more experience of grub than
> lilo.
>
> The main tip I have is install XP first as it loves overwriting boot
> sectors on disks. It really is the cuckoo in the nest.

Yes, that's pretty much what the book says.

Actually it says W 95, 98 and ME don't support multibooting, so just
one of those. W NT, 2000, and XP all do support it. Install Windows
starting with the oldest.

Then add Linux on top.

For some reason it tells you how to do it with LILO but not with GRUB
which seems strange to me too, but hey, we are just empty vessels
awaiting the great commands.

Good, well that's fabby, thanks Steve.