[SLUG] Library display

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 12:21:29 BST 2005

John Allsopp wrote:
> > Al Girling wrote:
> > Not at all.  I didn't reply immediately through lack of time, but the
> > truth is we don't have any computer fairs locally so no where to hold
> > our own InfoPoint.
> >
> > Al
>
> Unless that's what we do for the next Digital Scarborough.

Hmm, InfoPoints are set up through an agreement between Jono Bacon and
company's like Northern Computer Fairs.  He's done this to ensure that
LUGs can have free table space at fairs to promote F/OSS.  Did you pay
for the table at the Digital Scarborough do?  I can't remember the set
up arrangements.  I'd say the stand at DS was little different from your
average InfoPoint stand except for fees.

It might be interesting for some more folks to head over to the next
InoPoint stand put on by Hull to see what they've got right/wrong.

--

Al Girling

GPG: key ID 0xD826BCE9
Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>