[SLUG] Blind linux

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 09:24:03 BST 2006

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
> I just thought there MUST be a Linux distribution for blind people and
> a quick google might be interesting:

Interestingly many of the links that you have found have a common
feature with those that I found - they haven't been updated for a few
years - which could mean a number of things.

The Oralux link looks like a good start as it is a LiveCD, appears to
still be active and uses the most commonly recurring tools for
blind/partially sighted people - namely brltty and emacspeak.

So cheers for those and with a bit of luck it will work out of the box!

Steve O