[SLUG] Nautilus log files

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Apr 15 13:29:53 BST 2006

Hi ppl

Another ..

OK, so I'm writing DVDs and with one set of data Nautilus won't write
because it comes up with an error "File image creation failed,
Incorrectly coded string".

I could binary chop through the files to iterate my way towards the
errant  file, but I thought I should be able to check an error log
file somewhere.

A search for Nautilus or Fedora 4 error logs didn't seem to bring much
up of any use, nor did a wander around the Fedora site. I've a whole
partition for error logs so they don't blow up the system, and I know
to tail a file so I'm thinking this should be possible, that it might
be the right thing to do.

Any thoughts?

Cheers