[SLUG] Related / unrelated to the sound problem

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Apr 15 16:16:28 BST 2006

> john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>> Ping: Network is unreachable, apparently. I'm just about to have a
>> bash at  that.
> And what does ifconfig have to say about everything?

It looks about right, maybe a tad weird. There are the normal two
paragraphs, local and eth0. Whereas local has an inet address
127.0.0.1 and an inet6 one, etho0 only has inet6 and on the next line
says "UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS MULTICAST". No idea if that's
significant, otherwise, no errors showing, Ethernet, there's a MAC
address, etc.

> And is the network interface enabled in the network section of your
> system administration?

Hmmm, in network tools I can see eth0 with hardware address 'not
available' and nothing transmitted or received.

Weird, I just can't think what I've changed to make the network fall
off like this.

YAST recognises the interface, runs through everything OK, it's all
set up to DHCP, etc.

I may reset the router as advised by Linksys and see whether it's got
itself in a mess. Otherwise, I'll throw in a new network card and see
if I can get that to work.