[SLUG] Nautilus log files

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Apr 15 17:37:34 BST 2006

No problem, on the back of that and with a bit of binary chopping I
found the problem. I'd had some photographs sent over from Norway and
I think they'd put a Norwegian character into the filename which
Linux/Nautilus marked with a ? and something like (Linux unrecognised
character) after it in the file name.

I removed the ? and the () bit and it worked a treat.

It takes me back to this sort of nonsense when we moved from, what was
it, 8.3 eight characters, a dot, and a three character extension and
then some new fangled '98 machines (?) came along that could handle
longer names and when one talked to t'other it all went wrong.

Oh well, thanks for all your help.

Onwards.