[SLUG] Discussion List Guidelines

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Sun Apr 16 14:55:13 BST 2006

*Whilst looking on the Scarborough Linux User Group website for
information about Weds 19th's meeting, I re-read the following in the
List Guidelines:

7.* Make your posts read from top to bottom. The MS practice of
encouraging replies at the top of messages means massive amounts of
bandwidth are wasted.

Could someone explain the bit about wasted bandwidth.  I'm interested
because clients are asking questions about whether to reply at top or
bottom of original message.  I tell them 'bottom', but can't explain why.

Martin