[SLUG] POP3 and IMAP

Paul Teasdale pdt at rcsuk.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 10:10:39 BST 2006

On Fri, April 21, 2006 09:13, Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> Paul Teasdale wrote:
>> I had exactly the same problem as David a few years ago now and so
>> decided to
>> look at IMAP and it works fantastically well. This is how I setup it up.
>
> That was a really interesting piece thank you Paul! ... I was thinking
> half way through "what hardware do you use, I'd love to run this from my
> ADSL router"... and then you answered me lol!

My hardware is nothing special (although I do refer to it as my server).
It's just a straight forward desktop PC with a Sempron 2500 processor,
512Mb memory and 160Gb IDE HDD.

The hardware at work is even more impressive considering. A Pentium 2,
233Mhz with 196Mb of memory and a 40Gb IDE HDD. This easily serves 7
people without any complaints. This is one of the reasons I thought the
Linksys NSLU2 would serve my needs but alas it was just too much for it.

Regards,
Paul.