[SLUG] POP3 and IMAP

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 16:25:50 BST 2006

Mike Bennett wrote:
> It's rented from Memset (http://www.memset.com). I'm on the Miniserver
> 4000 package but shortly to upgrade.

It never ceases to amaze me how many companies there are out there
offering hosting services - it's so hard to pick, particularly if you
want to judge by QOS and not just features and price.

This is particularly important if you're trying to resell. And then if
you're reselling to multiple customers do you get them their own shared
hosting setup, a virtual server or maybe even eventually a dedicated
server... and if you move away from shared hosting how do you make sure
that one of your customers doesn't balls it up for the rest of your
clients by eating all your bandwidth etc...

Anyway, I've digressed - my point was that there are so many of these
customers that I've not come across (you've shown me one, John showed me
one the other day), so word of mouth must still be important for these
small companies.

Steve O