[SLUG] Sound, a bit of progress 2

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 10:58:29 BST 2006

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
> Recommendations please for a card that Linux, SUSE, will like? Lucy
> has surround speakers and wants to watch DVDs etc.

I have no knowledge of Linux soundcards - do I take it that motherboard
isn't covered in her warranty due to the nature of the original fault?

A couple of final thoughts before you uninstall windows:

1) I don't have time to re-read the old thread - have you gone into the
integrated peripherals part of the BIOS and made sure that onboard sound
is definitely enabled?

2) Have you downloaded and installed the latest motherboard drivers from
the manufacturer's website? If not then I'd recommend that *just to make
sure*.

3) Have you looked at the changelog for the BIOS to see if any sound
related issues have been fixed in a new version?

Steve O