[SLUG] Hi I'm Lucy (actually I'm lying)

Lucy  Cook marzipan at fsmail.net
Mon Aug 14 22:44:08 BST 2006

Not spam, actually it's John Allsopp writing on behalf of Lucy re her printing problem.

I've set up her Epson stylus photo R240 printer using CUPS. It's connected via USB. We still have a couple of problems:

Even though the printer's set up as A4 in CUPS, the final page still doesn't quite leave the printer. A three page word processor doc where the final page comprises three lines prints as two pages and the remaining page stays in the printer until the next document comes along. There's a fair chance of some printer dirt on the last page .. a line, not of characters tho.

The other issue is applications. The Gimp doesn't seem to use CUPS so that doesn't print at all. Putting an image into Open Office results in reams of heiroglyphics. The only way forward seems to be to open the image in a browser and print it that way, but that offers no control. Any thoughts? Oh, the Office vector graphics tool makes the printer lights wink but that's about it. Inkscape isn't installed by default (SUSE).

All thoughts appreciated, and if you could welcome Lucy into the fold maybe she'll write her own bloody emails next time.