[SLUG] Re: Website

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 15:57:55 BST 2006

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 12:15, Steve wrote:

> Anyway, I agree that it needs a revamp content-wise. I'm not in a
> position to create content, but if we all want to write our own piece
> for the regular faces then we can do that.

Hi

Two suggestions for new content on the Website.  How about a collaboration on
distributions?  Why do people like particular distributions?  What are their
strengths and weaknesses?  More than one person can contribute to each, and
it need not be comprehensive.  I can contribute a paragraph on Slackware.  We
could also do a more critical piece on Scarborough Digital.

This would be a good way to try out Writely, which has just announced that it
accepts odf.

There is an article in today's Times in which Microsoft's new leader, Ray
Ozzie, tells us that the future will be 'web-centred' rather than
'PC-centred'.  See:
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9075-2325301_1,00.html
Also the good news is that they may be prepared to allow us to buy Vista for
less than £400!

Steve, I modified my dates program, so that now if you type 'slug' at the
console it returns the date of the next meeting, if that helps.

Bob