[SLUG] Logging out kills apps

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 09:24:42 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I *think* that when I 'logout'/'shutdown' from gnome it just kills
applications - so if I'm in an unsaved oOo document it will close
without a prompt.

I'm musing kinda as I've not tested the oOo example, but I do know that
Firefox doesn't exit nicely - does anyone know if this is the case?

And if I'm right is there anyway to change that behaviour? It seems that
logout just gets out the fastest way it can and certainly doesn't want
to hang around waiting for things to close.

Steve O