[SLUG] logouts

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 10:52:54 GMT 2006

Stephen wrote:

<I *think* that when I 'logout'/'shutdown' from gnome it just kills
applications - so if I'm in an unsaved oOo document it will close
without a prompt.

I'm musing kinda as I've not tested the oOo example, but I do know that
Firefox doesn't exit nicely - does anyone know if this is the case?

And if I'm right is there anyway to change that behaviour? It seems that
logout just gets out the fastest way it can and certainly doesn't want
to hang around waiting for things to close.>

If it's any consolation KDE seems to do the same.   My problem is that OOo
handles .doc files fine, until I try to print them.  Then I usually end up
having to re-install the printer.  I now always convert them to .odt.  Evil
Empire strikes back?

Bob