[SLUG] logouts

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 17:08:57 GMT 2006

Martin Webb wrote:

> On the odd occasions when I've shut down from gnome without stopping
> all the applications, oOo has always saved the open documents

I did a quick test:

1) Open oOo Writer
2) Type some text
3) Click close-> oOo prompts to save
4) Click cancel
5) Gnome->desktop->logout->shutdown

At this point in Windoze I'd have had the prompt at '3', however my
machine just quickly shutdown.

I'll do a similar test with an existing and not *new* document to see if
it's oOo behaviour.

However it supports my theory that firefox is left thinking it has
'crashed' when it next starts up - I use 'tab mix plus' extension with
crash support, it works fine in Windoze but not Gnome.

Steve O