[SLUG] Monday's meeting

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 14:57:59 GMT 2006

Hi ppl

(& Steve, for the website if that works for you)

The March Linux meeting is a technical one about setting up various
servers, based on the article in the current Linux Format magazine
which introduces servers for BitTorrent, Internet Radio, web pages,
Samba, databases, Jabber chat and IRC.

(I may try to bring along a machine on which we can attempt to set up
a web server, but obviously the more the merrier).

Anyone interested should turn up at The Valley Bar on Valley Road, at
7:30pm on Monday 6th March or visit the SLUG website at
http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk/ where they can join the mailing
list and ask any questions they wish.

The following April meeting is on Monday the 3rd and will discuss,
review and possibly demonstrate software for digital photography.
Those wishing to attend in April should check the SLUG website
http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk/ beforehand.

Cheers