[SLUG] Audacity, no mic in sound

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 23:08:01 BST 2006

Rob Hall wrote:
> Interesting. I use FC5 as well. It all worked quite happily when I used
> to use Suse 10 so it must be some small quirk that is stopping it all
> working properly.

Depending on how Audacity was installed in the first place, I wonder if
you, or someone else would make a small experiment:

uninstall Audacity:
rpm -qa | grep audacity
rpm -e (whatever the result of the above line was)
(I know you know how to do that, but someone even newer to Linux than I
might not)

install the Livna repository for Fedora 5 (if you haven't installed it
already):
rpm -ihv http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/5/i386/livna-release-5-4.noarch.rpm
and re-install Audacity:
yum -y install audacity
(if the Freshrpms repo is already installed, then the above line should
be "yum -y --disablerepo=freshrpms install audacity")

Obviously, if that's the route that has already been followed, then
pointless to do it again, but I've downloaded some less than
satisfactory versions of Audacity at some points.  The above might just
get rid of the wrong one and install the right one.

Martin